The Google Pixel Watch is getting the April update alongside its Pixel phone family. Like those Pixel phone updates this month, this one seems small in scope and doesn’t have much of a changelog. Hey, this isn’t me complaining about an update, though – don’t get it twisted.
The new Pixel Watch April Update build is rolling out globally as RWDA.230114.010.G2. Google says the update will start rolling out today.
As for what’s new, we have very little to report. The official Pixel Watch April Update changelog simply states that “the April 2023 software update includes the latest security patches for Pixel Watch users.” Yes, that’s it, though I can’t say we expected too much after last month’s Pixel Watch feature drop.
For those in the know, you’ll be able to force the update to your watch soon. We’ve been doing a little Wear OS trick for several years now that allows us to get instant updates. It will work for you if you follow the steps below:
- Swipe up from the top of your watch to the Quick Settings menu and tap the Settings icon
- Scroll all the way down to “System” and tap
- Tap on “System Update”.
- If no updates are available, start tapping the clock icon at the top of the screen
- Keep tapping. Keep tapping. Keep tapping.
- If an update is available, it should show up and start downloading
Another monthly update for Pixel Watch! Love to see it.