Here is the iOS 16 compatible and supported devices chart to help you determine if your iPhone or iPad device will actually be able to install and run iOS 16 final version.
Apple’s big iOS 16 update is now official and we know which big new features we’ll all be using when it finally rolls out. This does not mean that everyone will actually be able to use them, unfortunately, Apple is now ready to remove some devices from the list of supported ones.
Apple has been pretty good at making sure older devices are supported by its latest iOS releases, often maintaining the same support as the previous year.
This is set to change with iOS 16, but several devices are set to lose compatibility meaning iOS 15 will be the last major update they receive.
With that in mind, here is a list of devices that will support iOS 16.
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 11
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPad Pro (5th generation)
- iPad Pro (4th generation)
- iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad Air (5th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
If you’re using a device older than that, you’re unfortunately out of luck. Maybe it’s a good time to consider updating to a new device?
You may also like to check out:
- The best iPhone 14 Plus screen protectors you should order today [List]
- List of best iPhone 14 Plus cases for maximum protection
- Jailbreak iOS 16 on iPhone and iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 compatible and supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices
- iOS 16 Final Release Date Announced, Here’s When You Can Get It
- Download: iOS 16 RC IPSW link, OTA profile file for iPhone released
- iOS 16 RC Profile File Download OTA Update Released Without Dev Account
- iOS 16 RC IPSW Download Links and Install on iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]
You can follow us TwitterOr Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated with all the latest updates from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the web.