The month of June is coming to an end, so you better believe that we were looking at some phones that were not yet up-to-date in the security patches. Samsung and Verizon are taking care of both of them today, thanks to new software moving towards the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S21 lines.
Owners of Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 +, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 + and Galaxy S21 Ultra are basically getting the same product. This new update includes the June Android security patch, while Verizon claims that it “improves performance and provides the most up-to-date Android security patches on your device.” So not only do you get current security (for a few days), there are also performance improvements.
Here’s how to look for new builds:
- Galaxy S20: SP1A.210812.016.G981VSQU2FVF1
- Galaxy S20 +: SP1A.210812.016.G986USQU2FVF1
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: SP1A.210812.016.G988USQU2FVF1
- Galaxy S21: SP1A.210812.016.G991USQU5CVF1
- Galaxy S21 +: SP1A.210812.016.G996USQU5CVF1
- Galaxy S21 Ultra: SP1A.210812.016.G998USQU5CVF1
Updates for all phones are scheduled to start rolling out today. To check, go to Settings> Software Update and then try “downloading and installing” it.