The Telegram picked up another update over the weekend, this time with half a dozen or more new features and improvements. This is an ever evolving world that we consider to be the best messaging app on the planet.
There must be a title feature for this update Custom notification sound Which are now approved. You can basically set any word from Telegram to your notification sound. You can choose from System Sound or save and set audio files or voice messages from Chat. I’m sure your brain is already making offensive noises that you can find for use on the internet, so skip friends.
For now, Telegram’s audio notifications are less than 5 seconds long and are limited to 300KB in size. They are cross-platform, though, so everyone can enjoy them.
Other new additions or improvements to Telegram are as follows:
- Advanced picture-in-picture: On Android, Picture-in-Picture has an advanced player window that you can pinch to resize, tap an X to close, and look in more rounded corners.
- Custom mute period: Want to mute chat? Previously, you could mute up to 2 days, but now you can set a specific duration for as long or as short as you want.
- New auto-delete menu: Automatically delete parts of your conversation to clear long discussions or add some privacy? You can set auto-delete actions with less taps and a more flexible timer.
- Message forward like reply: If you forward messages from one conversation to another, they will now look like replies.
- More animated emoji: Another batch of animated emojis has been added, most of which you will see in that top image.
This new update rolled out to all platforms yesterday (4/17), so you probably already have it. You should have received a message from the telegram explaining this Apologies for the double-information-sharing, but we like to talk about telegrams.
Google Play Link: Telegram